Jenns Paper Obsession

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Purrfect!

What a "purrfect" day! We found out what time Matt's plane will be landing so I have an idea of what is going on, well until they change it again! haha. Oh geesh. He called me this morning around 3 am and woke me up, so that was day 4 of going on little to no sleep! Hopefully I will be getting a good night sleep tonight!

So I have a father's day card to share today. It's a card I made for Matt from Kitty.

I will admit, I am not good at making masculine cards. For some reason, I have to add pink to everything. I really believe that this image from the cricut create a critter cartridge was designed specifically for Kitty. She is so spoiled, it's not even funny.

Anyways. So, the grey,pink and red cardstock is recollections cardstock from Michaels. The black cardstock is textured cardstock from Walmart. The ribbon is from Walmart, and I used the fiskars threading water punch along the bottom. I normally don't splurge on my cards. I use a lot of generic cheap items, because I know that the person I send them to, will just end up throwing them away anyways. I would rather spend my money on my scrapbook pages that I know will be treasured forever.

Here is the kitty. Of course, I had to add googly eyes. I put googly eyes on all of my little animals. I love it! I put flock (from stampendous) on the nose, and I put stickles (I think fruit punch) on the bow. I stamped the pillow using worn lipstick distress ink and a polka dot stamp (from stampabilities). Then I put icicle stickles on the dots. I finished it off with a little bit of barn door distress ink and there ya go!

I put some pop dots on Kitty and the pillow before attaching it to the card. "purrfect" is from create a critter, and the letter stickers are from making memories. I love those stickers, they are my favorite letters! Be sure to check back tomorrow, I have another project to share!

1 comments:

Jade Cook said...

such a cute card. I love the goggly eyes!