Jenns Paper Obsession

Friday, June 25, 2010

Good Work

I almost forgot about you guys!! I can't EVEN begin to tell everyone how busy I've been! It's good busy though :) I have an easy card today, that I put together. I hope you guys (all 32 of you!) like it!


My future mother in law recently passed a test. I can't remember what it was, but it's a really big important test. Something for her nursing. Anyways. She had been studying for it for a super long time, she took it, and she passed! I'll have to ask her again what it was. ANYWAYS. I was going to make her a card using everyday paper dolls (the nurse) but I wanted to use my animal stamps before I had to wrap them and hide them from myself before Matt comes home! lol. so, I made her this beaver card (because they are hard working... get it?!? hahaha!)

I used recollections cardstock from Michaels, black ribbon from walmart, the pattered paper is from creative memories from a long time ago and lastly, I used black stickles on the title. The title is kind of fun. there is 2 layers.... the black cardstock, then the cream cardstock bubble on top of it. I generously applied the black stickles to fill in the letters, so it looks like it's all 1 piece of paper! I loooove it! I also ran the white paper through the cuttlebug with the swiss dots embossing folder


Isn't he cute? The beaver is from create a critter, the hat is from every day paper dolls, and I stamped his face using critter face stamps (medium) from peachy keen stamps. A little tip if you are going to get the face stamps from peachy keen. The medium critter stamps say they are good for critters bigger then 2 inches. I found that you really can't use them on anything bigger then 2 inches. I originally wanted to do my critter at 3, but it was too big. I will have to try out the other animals to see if this is true for all of them. To use this stamp I had to use my gypsy and use the "hide contour" button, and I hide the face. I colored in the white parts with a white color pencil, and then that's it!

I hope you guys liked today's card. I hope my mother in law likes it too! I am going to be pretty busy over the next week, so I will try to throw some quick stuff together to post for everyone! I can't believe Matt will be home soon! yikes! Our 6 months was up on Tuesday, so we are in deployment over time now! Anyways, I'll see everyone tomorrow!

0 comments: