Jenns Paper Obsession

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

First Tutorial/project

I figured I would start out with something easy and basic. I am totally obsessed with making my own flowers, but sometimes the paper is too heavy and distracting on the page. So I have been using tissue paper. Here is my tutorial for today :)

Ok, so lollipop flowers aren't anything new, but just in case you don't know how to do them, this is how they are done!! First you need to cut your circles out of tissue paper (or paper, tin foil, wrapping paper, whatever!). I did 5 layers of tissue paper, and they are all different sizes. Don't worry about making your circles "circles". The more imperfect the circle, the better. I cut 2 of each size of the yellow circles, because the yellow is more transparent.
Layer and glue them on top of eachother. If you are using something thin, like tissue paper, make sure you have something under your flower so the glue doesn't get on your work surface.
Once the glue dries, add your button/brad or whatever you want to put in the center! I used patterned tissue paper on the top two. I love it! I think Brighton has the prettiest tissue paper!
Once the center dries, then fold the tissue paper up around the button and hold it there for a few seconds so it wont be as flat.
Here's a layout I put my flower on. I inked up the edges to make it blend into the page a little more. I think this would be really cute to use for a birthday page, or Christmas page, if you used wrapping paper. It's a great way to use memorabilia!

I hope everyone has a great day! I will be back tomorrow with another tutorial or project!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great idea; to use light airy tissue paper!

Jade Cook said...

I did a lo using the lolipop flower
.http://jadecook-jadesaddiction.blogspot.com/2010/06/my-addiction-continues.html
here is my blog where the lo is. I thought I would share.