Jenns Paper Obsession

Thursday, January 7, 2010

First projects posted!

woo! 2 blog posts in 1 day! I just thought I would share some of my latest stuff :)

This card was done using some techniques from two peas in a bucket's Thinking Inking class with Jennifer McGuire. I LOVE this line of tutorials! Thinking Inking. Here is part one of week one. It's a 9 week class and she does 3 classes per week. If you haven't watched her tutorials, then you need to :) Anyways, this card was the first one that i've ever done with inks. I took white cardstock and inked it up with worn lipstick and dusty concord distress inks by ranger. Then I took a paint brush and shook the brush so water fell onto the background. These flowers are from Prima. They were originally white with pink writing and flourishes, but when stamped with dusty concord, it turned them purple and the pink showed thru. The ribbon I also inked with dusty concord. The tag was cut out of white cardstock, inked with fired brick by ranger then I stamped with water and it made bleachy looking hearts!

This layout was done was done using Basic Grey's Indian Summer. The butterflies and heart was an experiment project that went wrong, but I ended up loving the effects!! I stamped them with some old ink that I had ( $1 dollar ink) and I inked them up with Tim Holt's inker tool. Well I got tired of waiting for it to dry (almost 2 hours!) and it still wasn't done, so I took the heat gun to them (Oh, forgot to mention they were clear acrylic ghost shapes from Heidi Swapp) and they ended up warping! As you can tell on the smaller butterfly, it looks kind of cool and 3D looking. I will for sure be doing this technique again!
This LO was done using We R Memory Keepers Nonsense line. I had to cut EVERYTHING out of patterned paper! I cut the flourishes, the wave looking things and birds, the tree branch/leaves and flowers out of patterned paper. I applied stickles (broken china, crystal, antique linen, and lime green) to the waves, leaves, and birds. I also used glossy accent (if you don't have any of this, go get some NOW!) on the flowers. I am officially obsessed with making my own embellishments! I spent most of New Years eve working on cutting out and applying stuff to these shapes! It was well worth it though!
 This layout was originally for the anything goes challenge, but I had to drop out of it. Mat and I have been talking about our future a lot lately, and it was nice to have it all down on paper! This was done using We R Memory Keeper's nonsense line. I used a border punch on the edge (threading water by Fiskars) on the decorated strip. I also used a punch (by EK Success) to make my own journaling/title block. Then I ran it thru my Cuttlebug to emboss it, then inked it lightly to make the raised parts show up a little more. I also cut out the wave from patterned paper and applied glossy accents to parts of it!

Again, I am sorry for such bad pictures! I only have my iphone right now, untill I can get a charger cord for my camera! Thanks for looking!